1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks.
Stream or brook.
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called.
Shopping trolley. Or possibly the
3. A metal container to carry a meal in.
A tiffin carrier, lunchboxes being almost exclusively plastic.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in.
Frying pan. Or possibly kitchen.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof.
Guttering, or possibly drainpipe.
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening.
Verandah, not that they’re that common in the UK.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages.
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup.
Don’t really do pancakes at breakfast, and I wouldn’t put syrup on fried eggs. Damned US cultural imperialism.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself.
Probably a baguette.
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
Trunks, or possibly plus-fours and a tweed jacket.
12. Shoes worn for sports.
Trainers in general, though plimsolls while I was growing up. I was always disappointed that my plimsolls didn’t have a Plimsoll Line to show that I wasn’t overloaded.
13. Putting a room in order.
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark.
A radioactive mutant moth, possibly Mothra.
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball.
Woodlouse, although it’s a crustacean and not an insect.
16. The children’s playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down.
17. How do you eat your pizza?
With knife and fork if I’m required to show any decorum, with fingers otherwise.
18. What’s it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
19. What’s the evening meal?
Dinner, or possibly tea.
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places?
Water fountain or drinking fountain.