If you know me as:
- Nick, then you’re in the great majority.
- Nicholas, then you’ve probably seen me present at a conference or read one of my papers, and haven’t realised that while I publish as ‘Nicholas’, I prefer to be called plain ‘Nick’.
- Nicky, then you’re an uncle or aunt who hasn’t yet realised that I’m no longer six years old.
- nmg, then you either read my LiveJournal, talk with me on IRC, or work in the same research group as me.
- Dr Nick, then you either (incorrectly) think that I may not have heard that line before, or have me confused with email@example.com (I’m just firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- Spider, then you were probably on Cheeseplant’s House and have both a long memory and a cruel sense of humour.